Friday, November 13, 2009

Not much to report....

But I swore I'd blog every day - bear with me - this is going to be a boring one.

My biggest challenge of the day is trying to figure out how I'm going to eat today. Tonight we have my daughter's elementary school bongo fundraiser. We go every year because it's tons of fun, and always fun to spend a cheap night with friends, but my problem is that it starts at 6.15 pm, and as far as food goes, they have pizza, sandwiches from Chick-Fil-a and a bake sale.

Ordinarily I'd just plan to have a slice of pizza and count the caories and move on, except I know myself. I can't do that. I'd be scarfing down half of my daughter's pizza and then looking for the bake sale by 7. I think this year what I'm going to do is make myself an early dinner so that I show up at this thing full and happy. I'm going to factor in enough leeway for me to have enough calories left for a snack after we get home, if I feel I need it. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I'm retaining water like crazy today. I drank a ton of water yesterday but (TMI) I barely went to the bathroom for some reason. This morning the scale confirmed what I thought - I'm carrying at least two extra pounds of water around. I'm frustrated because I've eaten really well all week, exercised more than usual and I'm sitting at a higher weight. I know sore muscles can retain water but I don't really think that I'm that sore. It's not "that time of the month" so who knows. I'm just hoping that the water comes off before tomorrow's official weigh in. I really don't want to post a gain, especially when I don't deserve it.

No comments: